Friday, April 8, 2011

Jonesing for a Laugh

We all have days that seem to squish and and pummel us from the minute we wake up to the moment our sleeping pills kick in. When I have days like that, I ask my friends for stories, the good ones, the embarrassing kind. Some friends seem to have a never ending supply...


"I was on my senior trip to the Cayman Islands. It was a christian school so we were chaperoned, which sucked.

This guy? Training wheels until thirteen? No shit.
A couple of guys rented mopeds and brought them back to the hotel. I saw this as a great opportunity to show off, and neglected the fact that I've always been rather terrible on two wheels since I didn't learn to ride a bicycle until I was thirteen years of age.

I was shoeless, shirtless and approximately 120 lbs. (This friend is 6'1" and was the same height then).

After the whole class had gathered around, I singled out the obese elderly Spanish teacher:

 "Hey Ms. Anderson! Check out this sweet wheelie!" I then rode for approximately two feet before wiping out on the asphalt and getting pinned under the moped. 

Ms. Anderson came to my rescue because everyone else was laughing too hard to help my scrawny entrapped body.

I was then rushed to the hospital where I received several stitches from a Russian male doctor with a Chinese male nurse who had no means of verbally communicating. it took about 20 minutes for them to pick the gravel out of my knee."



No comments:

Post a Comment